are the artworks listed on your website available?
We update our website every evening to ensure all artworks listed on the website are available to purchase
where are all the artworks listed on your website?
ALL of the artworks featured on the website (and more!) are housed at our gallery in Rozelle. We are located on the corner of Victoria Road and Darling Street, Rozelle in Sydney’s Inner west, about 10 minutes from the CBD. The main entrance is 680 Darling Street.
what does ‘framed’ and ‘unframed’ mean?
The vast majority of artworks at Kate Owen Gallery are painted on linen or canvas. When we say the artwork is ‘framed’ we mean the artwork has been stretched over a wooden frame – there is no border around the artwork or glass in front of the piece. This is the way you will see Australian Aboriginal Art displayed in major galleries and institutions.
We offer a complimentary framing service for all of our clients, so if you see that an artwork is listed as ‘unframed’ we can happily stretch and string the artwork for you so it is ready to hang on your wall.
If you do wish to place a frame around the artwork, we can recommend some businesses to you who know how to appropriately handle our artworks.
do you ship artworks?
Absolutely. We ship worldwide. Please Contact Us and we will provide you with some shipping quotes.
why are some artworks on sale?
Our business and the artists we represent are both reliant on a constant cash flow from the sale of artworks. At times, artworks move slower than is necessary to provide the steady income stream needed by our Indigenous artists. As a result, we may select a number of works and discount them in order to generate the cash flow required.
do I have to make an appointment?
Not at all. We are open every day 10am – 6pm and welcome wanderers, families and browsers, first-time-just-thinking-about-it visitors to established collectors to come on in and enjoy our beautiful art. Our friendly, informative staff are here to help you if you have any queries.
If you have a list of artworks you’d like to view when you visit the gallery, we recommend you contact the gallery or make a wish list so we can have the artworks ready for your visit.
can I layby?
If you wish, you can purchase on lay by. Here are the practicalities:
- The maximum term for a lay by is six months
- In order to secure the artwork, a 20% deposit is required
- Your art consultant will discuss with you the layby frequency (e.g. weekly, fortnightly, monthly) and the number of payments you wish to do and arrange a payment schedule that works for you
- Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard or direct bank transfer
- The artwork can only be taken home once payment is complete
- If you change your mind, you have 14 days from the initial deposit to notify us and receive a refund. After that, sale must be completed in the six months
- If lay by is not completed, monies paid is retained and can be used to purchase something else from Kate Owen Gallery