We are a multiple award winning gallery in Sydney’s Inner West that specialises in contemporary Indigenous art for modern interiors.
With artworks ranging from small affordable works to large investment pieces, our three light-filled floors showcase major exhibitions of indigenous masters, established artists and exciting new talent.
20% - 80% off 250+ quality aboriginal artworks! Many are works by well-known and collectible Indigenous artists – others are simply great artworks at a great price.
CLICK HERE to view all sale artworks.
'Bush Plum' by Polly Ngale Collaborative (151 x 146cm)
Helen McCarthy Tyalmuty - Multiple Award Winning Artist
Already winner of the Peoples Choice Award at the 2007 Telstra National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Art Award, in 2017 Helen was honoured to receive the Inaugural Margaret Olly Award at the Mosman Art Prize. Later in the year Helen was also a finalist at the Paddington Art Prize and the George's River Art Prize, winning the The Highly Commended Award at the former.
Click here to view our extraordinary collection of works from Helen McCarthy Tyalmuty including brand new artworks.
Current Online Exhibitions
- Gorgeous Gifts under $1k - spoil your loved ones (or yourself)!
- Jilja-Marra-Marra - Gwenda Turner
- Intricate Expressions - Anna Price Petyarre & Dulcie Long Pula
- Gems of the Stockroom - favourites handpicked by our art consultants
- Atnwengerrp Revisited - Sacred, traditional, historical and ceremonial elements are interwoven in a dynamic family show featuring Barbara Weir, Charmaine Pwerle, Teresa Pula and Lizzie Pwerle
- Journey Tracks - Tony Sorby
- Lockhart River Mob - 5 Superstars from the east coast of Far North Queensland
- A window to hidden past - Jack Dale
- From the Sand to the sails - A Possum family show
Coming up @ KOG
Emily Kame Kngwarreye - Earth's Creation | 24 March - 23 April
In co-operation with DACOU gallery, this exhibition includes major previously un-exhibited works by Barbara Weir, Gloria Petyarre, Freddy Purla, Charmaine Pwerle & others from Emily's extended family.
Try our 'In Situ' Feature!
As well as our digital hang, art consultation and home trial services, we now have a feature on our website where you can see how an artwork will look in a lounge, dining, hallway or home office setting! To find out more, CLICK HERE
How to find your perfect artwork:
It has never been so easy: If you don't know much about Aboriginal art but you want to look at styles and the range available, use our Art Search tool where you can select price, colours, sizes, shapes, styles, regions and a whole lot of other criteria to find an artwork that's exactly right for you.
Join the Kate Owen Gallery Club